Monday, February 2, 2009

THERE IS NO BAD TIME FOR CUTE

Except, perhaps, 6 am when the babeola declared, with a loud shriek, that it was time to Carpe Diem. Ouch.

I had no idea babies were so dangerous. The babeola has been killing me with cuteness lately.

WARNING! EXTREME GUSHING OVER OFFSPRING TO FOLLOW! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

First, she says and waves bye-bye now when I put her down for her nap or at night. I love the way she warbles when she talks.  To. Die. For.

For Daddy's birthday, she gave him her first kiss yesterday. I always knew she was a Daddy's girl.

Of course, it's Momma that she blows kisses to, so I'm not exactly out in the cold.

She also brings all her stuffed animals and dolls to me for hugs and kisses. We like to smack Pooh Bear's dupa (butt) and do the dupa chant that I used to do during diaper changes when she was an itty bitty thing. Then we turn Pooh Bear around and rub his Buddha Belly and sing the (made up) Buddha Belly song. She loves this.We do it over and over and over, but that's okay because I love it too.

And, just to keep us on our toes, she's been climbing the furniture. We had our backs turned for one second yesterday and when we turned back around the babeola was walking on top of the bookcase. Yikes!
END GUSHING. IT IS SAFE TO RESUME READING AFTER THIS LINE!

Yesterday, I was trying to come up with some tag lines for toddler T-shirts. So far I have...

If I'm not screaming and crying, I'm not happy


Emo Baby


My emotions are bigger and badder than yours.

Tantrums: Priceless


I meltdown like Chernobyl

Ah yes, as you might guess, cuteness aside, the babeola is going through a tantrum phase. We're doing our best to help her through it, but its extremes tend to make us wince and wish we had earplugs. And a nanny.

2 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Oh the tantrums are rough. As much as BG cries and carries on The Hubs and I have made a pack we will not give in. One night she screamed and carried on for over an hour. We didn't budge and she hasn't had one that bad since. Good luck :-)

Jenners said...

I'm so glad that she is tempering the tantrums with cuteness! Makes it easier to bear! : )

And I love your taglines.