Thursday, May 21, 2009

FROM GARBAGE RISES THE PHOENIX

Around 7 years ago, we picked an old school desk out of the garbage with the intent we would use it for our kids someday. We didn't know yet that we were infertile or the heartache that awaited us as we strived for a family. We were innocent and blissfully ignorant.

The desk sat and sat and sat in our garage becoming a painful symbol of everything we thought we'd never have. Yet we never threw it out. Never even thought about it.

Last week my husband finished refinishing the desk and brought it home for the babeola. Somehow the circle finally feels complete.

3 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

And she looks adorable sitting at it!

Jenners said...

Oh that is sooooo cute! I'm glad that you held onto it! It suits her! I love it!

septembermom said...

I'm sure that desk will always be precious to her. I'm glad that I came by your blog today :)