Tuesday, December 9, 2008

SNEAKING

I'm taking a huge risk. The babeola and a computer are in the same room. I will either write a blog post or my computer will die via a toy thrust through its hard drive. One or the other. Someone is not going to make it out of here alive.

Anyway.

I'm so insanely busy. If you think about it (and I have) I've been in seminars for every weekend in November except Thanksgiving. Then another seminar right after Thanksgiving. The cumulative effect of the loss of free time is crippling. The babeola is living out of a suitcase as I have yet to unpack or organize her clothes since our return from the desert. I have not started Christmas Cards let alone contemplated a holiday picture of the babeola. We've given up on putting up the tree this year. We are just too busy and have so many other things that need to be done. Like basic cleaning and assembling the bookcases we've had since September. We are that behind.

Further, I signed up for a cookie exchange before I knew what it entailed. Which is me making about 400 cookies. In between seminars naturally and while completely ignoring the babeola. Note to self: Skip cookie exchanges in the future.

So as for the job interview. Eh. We'll see. I had fun at the interview, which is not really the point and is not necessarily a good sign. I am not very political or sly. What you see is what you get. What I say is what I mean. Love me or hate me, I have no secrets. I connected really well with two of the interviewers, but the third, well, I think I flubbed. She was playing games a bit and I suck at games. I kind of failed to take the conversational bait a few times as I was too busy trying to process what she was getting at--I'm a little slow that way. I'm not good at subtext.

Further, I have not had time to work on the thank you letters for the interview so if I don't get it together and get those out the door, I will probably take myself out of the running.

Hopefully this craziness will end soon.

1 comment:

Jenners said...

Just keep chugging along and keep your eyes on the Babeola. nothing else matters!