Sunday, January 18, 2009

SUNDAY SNOW DAY

We got another 5-6 inches of snow last night! Can you believe it? Crazy. The plow piles on our street are now taller than a car!

And, of course, today is the day I volunteered to cook a meal for a family bringing home their second baby. Luckily, I was able to wimp out on the driving and have the husband deliver the food. I have been cooking for the last four hours. Two batches of chicken paprikash with dumplings (one for us, one for the other family) and I threw a roast in the crockpot. If I manage my leftovers carefully I won't have to cook for most of the week (although there has been a request for homemade pizza and calzones that could send me back into the kitchen).

Yesterday the babeola had her first play date with my friend's kids. She loved it, although all she did was run around with a piece of foam board in her hand saying 'hi' and 'bye-bye'. When we got home, she radiated such satisfaction and contentment with the world that I hope we'll do a play date again soon.

And that's it. Nothing exciting, just lots of snow and happiness. If you'll excuse me, I have to go tend to the dumplings.

Cheers.

ETA: Damn. I burned the pizza! And the husband unplugged the crockpot while the roast was cooking which was a major inconvenience.

Oh, and I meant to say that I only sing Heads, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes ten times. After that, you're on your own kid. I would die for the babeola, but after ten rousing renditions of HSKT I want to contrive a situation that involves me being crushed to death by a semi.

And, by the way, does Britney Spears know about HSKT? It's just begging to be a pop hit. There are millions of babies just waiting for someone cool (i.e. they don't have to bend creaky knees to touch hammertoes) to remix HSKT. I can hear it now; a chorus by a famous rapper, preferably one who has done jail time, and Brit-Brit in a skimpy outfit gyrating like a belly dancer in a blender while touching herself. If that wouldn't sell a billion records, I don't know what would!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Great Post! In fact, it is the Featured Post over at Worth a Thousand Words.